Tanagra is a documentation pipeline tool for building a template for a markdown-based book, generating a directory and file structure based on an outline, and then converting markdown files into HTML, PDF, and EPUB books using Pandoc.
In short, Tanagra works like this:
- You tell Tanagra where you want to start a project and it creates the necessary files.
- You create an outline and Tanagra converts that outline into a directory and file structure for that book.
- You write your book in markdown.
- When you’re done with your book, you tell Tanagra the format (PDF, EPUB, or HTML) in which you’d like to publish your book.
- You distribute your book to lucky readers! :)
The Tanagra workflow from project creation to generated e-book!
Why Tanagra? Well, it’s a great episode and it’s about learning to communicate and translate. The Tanagra script is about facilitating communication and translating one format into another.
Tanagra is currently in pre-stable-release mode.
Download the latest release here: Tanagra releases
You can also clone the git repository here: Tanagra git repository
Please read the Tanagra documentation.